Good morning, Beautiful Creatives!
I have decided that I may be the world’s worst blogger. I never seem to get around to updating my blog, so, instead of dwelling on that, I’ve decided that this morning I will start anew!
I have been asking myself, “how can I improve myself?” This question is something that seems to be following me everywhere I go. I am not sure why, but last night I had a bit of an ah-ha moment when, out of the blue, I reheard something that I have known for a long looooong time! You can improve yourself by taking baby steps every single day to do something – anything – better than you did the day before!
So, that is what I am doing, starting this morning!!
I woke to go pee – now come on, I am pretty dang sure that is the first thing you do every day too!! 😉
The difference for me this morning, is that I told myself I could not play on my phone until I had done two things, brushed my teeth, and did my face skincare routine (which is I guess technically has to be done on a regular basis to be considered a routine!)
I am not sure if this is true for you, but my phone can seriously be a major time-suck in my life!! I great avoidance measure for getting anything of actual great importance done in my day!!
Anyway, I have decided today is the day to change all of that!
So, this morning, so far,
- brushed my hair (working from home, this is not always a requirement, since no-one by my sweetie usually ever sees me)
- Brushed my teeth
- Tongue scraped
- Washed my face (with more than just water)
- Used facial toner (I am not sure I have done that in years!!!) Oh, and this is where I should probably tell you that I have recently gotten new skin care products, because EWWWWWW-GROSS to something I might have used years ago!!!)
- Moisturized, down to my neck – yes, something that doesn’t happen too often either, so I am feel rather proud of myself!
- Let my sweetie and the girls sleep in a little bit, we all are a little sleep deprived, and anything I can do to help us all stay grump-mode-free is always a good thing!
- and now I am blogging!
Did I mention that I have done all of this before 5:30 AM this morning?
Well, yeah, I did! 😉
I am trying to figure out how I want to track my progress, do I want to carry a mini notebook, something that could fit in my pocket, or do I want to track my baby steps electronically? I do not yet know, but I will keep you posted!
I am hoping that I can take just a few moments every morning to journal/blog! I figure I can kill two birds with one stone (man, I really hate that phrase!) and maybe I might be able to share some helpful ideas, insights, or maybe even just give people a reason to smile every morning!
Alright, so there you have it, short and sweet!!
Here is to a BEAUTIFULLY CREATIVE day!