This is me as a happy girl today!! 😉
Yep! That’s right! As of today, it has been exactly one year since I had my gastric bypass surgery, and I thought it might be the perfect time to give you my weight loss update!
As of today, I have officially lost 99 point something pounds since April 2012, and 59 of those pounds have been since my gastric bypass surgery on September 4th, 2012. I say 99 point something, because I actually can’t remember the exact number that my surgeon said! All I remember hearing was 99 pounds. YEAH! ME!!! 😉
I have been reminded by my nutritionist that I am still eating waaaaay to many carbs, and I am almost 40 grams of protein short every day. OUCH!!
I also know that getting in 64 ounces of liquid a day has been the bane of my existence, and I am not sure I have EVER been able to get that much water in since my surgery. When your stomach is the size of 2 or 3 ounces, and you can’t drink within 30 minutes of eating, it really limits how effectively you can get your fluids in!
I also really need to step up my exercise routine!! I just need to push myself harder, and spend less time sitting on my keister!! 😉
long story short, I have got A LOT of room for improvement!!
They also showed me a chart that proves that I am losing on the slooooooow track. and for some reason my physician thinks I am having a love affair with pizza – I really am not, but the last two times I had seen her, I had just happened to have pizza the previous evenings!! Which just also happens to be the only two times I have had pizza in the past three months! Sheesh!!
To say I left my appointment today feeling a bit defeated is an understatement, but I was reminded by my girl friends, and my sweetie that I have still come a LOOOOOONG way baby!! and I know it is true, but to put it out to the universe in writing, I decided to share a list that I had created months before surgery.
This is a list of all of the physical goals I had written to myself in May of 2012. Basically, this is the if-I-could-do-anything-after-weight-loss-surgery-this-would-be-my-dream-list:
- Jog a mile non-stop – DONE!
- Cross my legs – DONE!
- Touch my toes with knees unbent – DONE!
- Ride my bike for a half an hour straight
- Run up two flights of stairs without getting winded – DONE!
- Wear high heels without pain – DONE!
- Run a 5k – DONE!
- Fit into a bathtub – DONE!
- Sit Indian-style in a movie theatre seat – DONE!
- Be able to sit with my knees up against my chest – DONE!
- Be able to use the chair-tables in the auditorium – DONE!
- Be able to fit into a restaurant booth – DONE!
- Hike the longest trail at Silver Creek Falls – DONE!
- Weigh less than when I first met Jason, when I was 18 – DONE!
- Slip into a size-14 again – DONE!
- Not be the first one tired on an all-day shopping excursion – DONE!
- Get rid of the dreaded C-pap machine – DONE!
- Be able to ride cowgirl-style in my favorite evening activity! 😉 – DONE!
I actually hadn’t remember that I had written that list, but I have to tell you once I found it and realized that I have done EVERY SINGLE thing on this list except one (only because I haven’t tried it yet), and that was #4 Ride my bike for a half an hour straight, and I am sure at this point, I could TOTALLY do it!! 🙂
So, I am going to consider this a success thus far!!
Starting tomorrow, I am back on the straight and narrow, and my goal is to lose 30 more pounds within the next 6 months! WOULDN’T THAT BE AWESOME???? But the reality is, that if I never lost another single ounce from today, my life and my future is ALREADY better than it would have been 100 pounds ago!!! 😉 I have to keep in mind how good life is right this minute!! 😉
Here is to a FABULOUS evening!! 😉
If you want to have a different life, you have to live differently!!