I found myself stepping on my scale this morning and measuring all body parts as I do every Wednesday morning, for about 9 months now. Not to torture myself, although my weekly results end up making me cringe more and more as each week progressively comes and goes, but as a commitment to one of my sisters. She and I decided back in December that we were going to get healthy together, and that we would weigh, measure, exercise and eat healthy every Wednesday morning and report back to each other how we are doing. Well, this morning I sunk to a new low, or high depending on your perception, but when I stepped on the scale this morning, I looked at the number that flashed on that blasted electronic screen and then proceeded to get back into bed and have a little cry! “What’s the point?” I whined to my husband, “It’s hopeless!” He was patient, he was encouraging, he was sympathetic – GOD BLESS THAT MAN!!! After I was sufficiently over my self-pit-party, I got my butt out of bed and decided that I rely on that damn machine way too much – what does it now, maybe I am retaining 100 pounds of salt and water, ok maybe not, but I shouldn’t let it get me down!! I have been working out almost every day this week, i have been making healthier food decisions and I have been drinking water like a fiend!!! I have decided that the only place that I can start with my health is right now, with exactly what I have got on hand!!! I remember Tony Robbins once saying that you need to change how you see yourself, that you are not a fat woman, you are a fit, healthy woman stuck in a fat suit and all you need to do is find the zipper and let yourself out! Well, I’m coming out!!!! I am beautiful, I am sexy, and I am way more stubborn than you are fat!!! Out damn fat, out!!! 😉
Ok. Now that I have sufficiently vented about that, I told you a couple of days ago that I would get it together and share what my goals are for my 7 main areas of focus. This task was much tougher than I thought – I didn’t want to overcommit, but I also have this picture of this life in my head that I want to see come to fruition, so here you go!!!! 🙂
1) Financial & Wealth – I want to have enough money to never have to work because I have to!
2) Career – I want to work doing something I love, that benefits and enriches the lives of others!
3) Free Time/Fun – I want to be able to travel the world and experience all different kinds of cultures, and spend time creating memories with friends and family!
4) Health & Appearance – I want to be healthy, fit and energetic!
5) Relationships – I want to be surrounded by genuine and loving people!
6) Personal Development – I want to always be growing in some way, learning French, Italian, how to dance, cook, make pottery, glass fusion, art, gardening…. I could just go on and on! 🙂
7) Community & Charity – I want to learn generosity and change peoples’ lives through my time, talent and money!
Ok, I realize that for the most part these are pretty vague (“Some is not a number, soon is not a time.”), but I will keep giving this some thought and see if I can actually break these down in defineable, measurable action goals!!!